Monday, January 13, 2014

Politics, fat jokes and why the media is laughable...

I had to chuckle earlier today while at an office I noticed the cover of Time magazine with a silhouette of Chris Christie with the title; THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM.

Now you may begin to feel reading my posts that I sit around laughing, seemingly at random, all day everywhere. This is not the case however the gross, hypocritical nature of media in our culture leaves quite a lot of material to laugh at on a daily basis.

So why do I find this politically incorrect title amusing? For starters, Time magazine's man of the year for 2013 was the Pope! So an organization that can embrace the church enough to name it's head as Man of the Year I would think could be a little more tactful with their political punches. Or wait... Did he get that title for some other agenda? Maybe a little miss reporting here or creative interpretation there? Maybe just shock appeal like a new kind of Madd magazine debuting some over the top nonsense on the cover each month because Time is losing its relevance... (not that I believe naming the Pope as man of the year is nonsense. Quite the opposite however I feel confident in saying Time did so for the wrong reasons.)

Secondly, isn't the new buzz that bullying about self-image is not just bad but EVIL? I mean does bullying for liberals stop at overweight, middle age, questionable Republicans? Apparently the narrative of the Great Spending Machine only allows bullying to be between certain ages, races, sexual preferences and religions as long as it promotes the agenda of big government. Stand in the way of (or walk arm in arm down the beach with...) that machine and you may just find yourself on the other end of a poorly executed fat joke. I mean if Chris Christie goes for a Swan dive off the George Washington Bridge is everyone going to back his wife and kids claim to a law suit against Time for bullying?

Just remember if a Rodeo Clown had delivered it well then we would have had a problem....

**Just a quick note; I am by absolutely NOT a big CC fan. My only purpose in writing this is to highlight the humor of the hypocritical media and left. That and my wife won't listen to my ramblings anymore....

No comments:

Post a Comment